Use your bread maker dough setting to make super soft, yummy rolls
- 1 cup warm water (microwave cold water for 1 min)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP butter
- 3 ¼ cup flour
- 1 TBSP active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP butter melted (for top of rolls)
- Use a bread maker for making the soft dinner rolls dough in this recipe
- Place warm water, sugar, egg, 2 TBSP butter, salt, flour and yeast into your bread maker in the order listed or based on your bread makers recommendation. Select the dough cycle and start.
- When the dough cycle is done, remove the dough (it maybe very sticky, do you best to remove all the dough)
- Place the dough on a floured cutting board and press down with floured hands to flatten the dough
- Shape into a large rectangle to easily cut/divide into 15 pieces.
- Take each piece and fold corners under shaping into a ball
- Place all the rolls, evenly spread out, into a greased 13×9 baking pan
- Brush tops of rolls with melted 2 TBSP of butter
- Cover baking pan with plastic wrap to let rolls rise for 30 minutes or until double
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Bake rolls for 12-15 minutes until golden brown
Do you want to wow your guests with homemade soft dinner rolls? There is nothing like a warm soft dinner roll to add to your meal. This Soft Dinner Roll recipe is easy and lets your bread maker to do all the hard work.
Tips & Tricks for perfecting Soft Dinner Rolls
Using a bread maker makes this recipe super easy!
When taking out the bread dough from bread maker it will be very soft and airy and rather messy to work with. I suggest having a cutting board with flour ready before taking dough out of bread maker. Be patient, adding a little flour at this point makes it very easy to work with
You can make the dough a little more dense by substituting 1/4 cup of almond flour for regular flour
Make sure you sprinkle a little flour on top of dough before you cut it into pieces for rolls
A wet the knife usually works best when cutting the dough for the rolls
Put flour on your hands when forming the rolls so they are less sticky
Background of Soft Dinner Rolls
Sometimes you just want a yummy soft dinner roll and there is nothing better than one that is homemade. The easiest way to make a soft dinner roll is to use a bread maker on the dough setting and let the machine do the hard work for you. I found that using a bread maker is often a great way to mix and knead dough when you want to take a few short cuts.
These Soft Dinner Rolls will rival any restaurant dinner rolls you will ever eat! They are soft, tasty and only have the finest ingredients and no preservatives. These are the best reason to take a chance and make homemade dinner rolls. Also the ingredients will often be ones in your pantry, so it is easy to make some last minute and not have to go to the grocery store to find the missing recipe ingredients.
My family can’t wait until the rolls come out of the oven. The smell totally takes over the house. There is nothing quite as good smelling as baking fresh bread or rolls. These rolls are good with dinner, to make small sandwiches, or as a dessert with jelly or jam. A yummy soft dinner roll that is just plain or with a topping, nothing is better.