Tasty easy sausage stuffing that everyone will be talking about!.
- 2 boxes of Stove Top Turkey Stuffing (or other similar stuffing)
- 8 TBSP butter
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb. of ground Italian sausage
- 2 stalks of celery cut up
- 1/2 apple cut up
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries/raisins (optional0
- Fry the sausage on the stove until cooked/browned. Drain off any extra grease.
- In a large soup pot place butter, water, celery, apple and cranberries an on medium heat until boils.
- Add 2 boxes of Stove Top stuffing and cooked sausage and mix into other ingredients in the pot.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Then mix again.
- You can serve directly or keep warm in a crock pot, or place in a baking pan and keep it warm in oven until you are ready to serve.
Do you struggle every Thanksgiving making a stuffing side dish? This EASY SAUSAGE STUFFING is the answer. It is the best holiday stuffing you will ever eat. Don’t be surprised if your family and friends ask for the recipe!
Tips & Tricks for perfecting Easy Sausage Stuffing
I personally like to use Italian sausage for this recipe because in complements the HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST recipe. However you can use a different type of ground sausage like a breakfast sausage also.
You can change out the celery, apple, or cranberries with other veggies or fruits your family might prefer. Try some carrots, raisins or pears if you like. This is a very flexible recipe.
Stove Top makes a variety of stuffing mixes. I prefer using the turkey flavor, but chicken and other ones work well also.
Background of Easy Sausage Stuffing
Over the years I have made many different kinds of stuffing. Some were big hits and others were just average. However the magic ingredient to all the best stuffing recipes in Italian sausage. By adding sausage meat to the stuffing you have increased the amount of flavors to the meal. It is the wow factor.
In my family EASY SAUSAGE STUFFING is the leftover eaten the most. It is practically a meal in itself. Tasty sausage and other yummy ingredients all mixed in one.
You can make a great turkey sandwich with this stuffing. Perfect when watching all those Thanksgiving football games.
I use Stove Top stuffing mix in this recipe because it is easy and has all the basics of a good bread stuffing. By adding just a few ingredients you end up having a gourmet style stuffing that everyone will be raving about. Go ahead and give it a try. You won’t be disappointed.