Kids love this version of Easy Kid Friendly Sloppy Joes
- 1 LB-1 ¼LB lean ground beef
- 1 TBSP to 2 TBSP ketchup
- 4 TBSP to 5 TBSP spaghetti sauce
- Hamburger buns
- Brown ground beef in a fry pan on medium heat until brown. Stir occasionally to ensure meat is cooked internally and no longer pink
- Drain any grease off meat if there is an excessive amount
- Add ketchup and spaghetti sauce and mix with ground meat and cook for a few more minutes until sauce is warm
- Remove from heat
- Serve sloppy joes with buns
How about making an easy sloppy joes recipe with ingredients already in your pantry. This recipe is loved by kids and is super easy to make. KID-FRIENDLY SLOPPY JOES will become your new family favorite!
Tips & Tricks for perfecting Kid Friendly Sloppy Joes
This recipe works well with lean ground beef or bison. My family’s favorite version of this recipe uses bison
Homemade or store bought spaghetti sauce works great. Use whatever style sauce your family likes best
You can add spicy seasonings if you prefer to spicy up this recipe
Background of Kid Friendly Sloppy Joes
Many years ago when I made Sloppy Joes my kids would pick out the onions and peppers from the meat so they would not have to eat them. So I decided that I would make a simple Sloppy Joe’s recipe that eliminated the vegetables they just didn’t want on their sandwich. Funny thing is they like fresh cut up vegetables on the side when eating Sloppy Joes.
So as my kids got older they would invite their friends over to have Sloppy Joes because they thought it was the best! It became a tradition to have Sloppy Joes as a meal with family and friends. Also everyone’s favorite is Bison Sloppy Joes, and whenever it is available at the store I make sure to purchase bison ground meat.
I highly recommend you give this recipe a try. See if your family enjoys this simple recipe and if it becomes one of their favorites.