Yummy Perfect Bread!!!
- 1 cup warm water (microwave cold water for 1 min)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP butter
- 3 ¼ cup flour
- 1 TBSP active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP butter melted (for top of Everything but the Bagel Bread)
- Everything But the Bagel seasoning
Use a bread maker for making the Everything but the Bagel Bread dough in this recipe
- Place warm water, sugar, egg, 2 TBSP butter, salt, flour and yeast into your bread maker in the order listed or based on your breadmaker’s recommendation. Select the dough cycle and start.
- When the dough cycle is done, remove the dough (it maybe very sticky, do you best to remove all the dough)
- Place the dough on a floured cutting board and gently press down to slightly flatten the dough
- Shape into a large rectangle to easily cut/divide into 2 large pieces.
- Take one piece of dough and place on bottom of greased angel food pan
- Take second piece of dough and place on top of first piece of dough in pan
- Brush tops of the bread dough with melted 2 TBSP of butter
- Cover baking pan with plastic wrap loosely to let bread rise for 30 minutes or until double in size
- Sprinkle top of dough with Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and wait until 375 degrees is reached
- Bake the Everything but the Bagel Bread for 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick or skewer tested in center of bread comes out clean
- Wait until cool to enjoy if you can lol
What is the easiest and best tasting bread to serve with appetizers or with a main meal for a party? Everything but the Bagel Bread of course!! Make this recipe for the holidays or your special event and watch everyone smile, say “Wow” and “Yummy” and eat seconds and thirds!!!
Helpful Hints for Everything but the Bagel Bread
You can leave off the Everything but the Bagel seasoning and have just yummy bread!
Consider using different seasonings to change it up – like sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic powder, onion pieces or Italian seasoning for savory flavors
For a more sweet bread with this recipe use a cinnamon and sugar topping, or pumpkin pie spice mixed with sugar for bread toppings. You can then serve this bread with your favorite homemade jam or honey
If you use a non-stick coated baking pan use PAM type spray for greasing the pan
Do not over handle the bread dough before placing the dough in the baking pan. Minimal handling will allow the bread dough to rise in the pan better
You can substitute ¼ cup of flour with almond flour for a more dense bread
Serve this bread along with a meat and cheese charcuterie board – the best appetizer combo ever
This bread is also great served with homemade stew or chili – so yummy
Perfect Everything but the Bagel Bread
There are times when you are having friends and family over and you just want to have a yummy easy to eat bread with your meal or just because it strikes your fancy. This bread is perfect for anytime with or without a meal. Your family will come into the kitchen asking what smells so good and when can I have some!!
This recipe was developed and modified from my Yummy Soft Dinner Roll recipe. One day I decided to try to make an easy to eat bread out of this dinner roll recipe. It was an inspirational moment. I thought, why not use an angel food cake pan (this is a pan I very rarely use) and make a bread that can be easily cut and shared with family. So to really jazz up this bread I decided to add Everything but the Bagel seasoning on top. The Everything but the Bagel Bread was born.
It was a huge hit with my family. They decided it was the best bread I ever made!!! Ever since, the Everything but the Bagel bread is the most requested recipe ever.
I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as we have – it is super yummy!